How Our Center is Protecting You from COVID-19
To help us provide the safest care for all of our patients and staff during the COVID-19 spread, we are restricting access to this facility for anyone who may have recently been exposed to the virus.
- If you do currently experience or display, and you have in the last 14 days experienced or displayed, any of the following symptoms:
- Elevated temperature or fever of 100.4 F or higher,
- Shortness of breath and/or difficulty breathing,
- Loss of smell and/or taste,
- Fatigue, or
- Persistent headaches; or
- If you have in the last 14 days had any close contact with anyone who is either confirmed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19, including anyone who was experiencing or displaying any of the known symptoms of COVID-19 (which are listed in item (1) above); or
- If you have in the last month traveled to a restricted area that is under a Level 2, 3, or 4 Travel Advisory according to the U.S. State Department (including China, Italy, Iran, and most of Europe) or have been on a cruise ship.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, please call 911
and seek emergency care and do NOT come to the center.
Call us at (954) 458-1689 and we will be happy to reschedule your procedure.
Ensuring the safety of our patients is our utmost priority, and while the COVID-19 is a concern, we want you to know that we are closely monitoring the situation and taking steps to keep everyone as safe as possible. Not only is our center accredited by the Ambulatory Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and Medicare to ensure your safety, but we have also taken extra steps to follow The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) Guidelines regarding COVID-19.
STEPS HALLANDALE OUTPATIENT SURGICAL CENTER IS TAKING TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF OUR PATIENTS, VISITORS, STAFF, AND COMMUNITY
- Enhanced Screening prior to the arrival at the center; if patient is not meeting criteria, the procedure will be rescheduled.
- Limit one visitor per patient at the center or visitor can wait in the car.
- Everyone must wear a mask or facial covering at all times while at the facility.
- Before entering the facility, everyone will undergo health screening questions, have the temperature taken, and advise to use hand sanitizer prior of coming in.
- The staff will undergo daily health screenings for symptoms and temperature checks.
- The staff will wear masks at all times.
- Adequate supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the safeguard of both staff and patient is available.
- Follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), and the Florida Department of Health guidelines for performing COVID-19 safe surgeries.
- Stagger patient arrival times to maintain social distancing.
- All magazines, toys or games removed from the waiting area.
- All surfaces including high touch areas such door handles, keyboards, phones, counter tops, bathrooms and waiting room furniture are cleaned with FDA-approved and EPA-registered disinfectants.
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations are available throughout the facility.
- The procedure rooms, pre-op and recovery bays are clean before and after every patient. • Increase the frequency of cleaning of high traffic areas such as the waiting area.
- Social distancing created in the waiting room.