Dr. Brian Cohen, Medical Director
Dr. Brian Cohen is a practicing anesthesiologist and the Administrative Chief of Miami Anesthesia Services. Dr. Cohen has over ten years of clinical anesthesia experience, along with leadership, teaching and administrative expertise.
Dr. Cohen completed a combined Bachelor of Arts and Medical School program at The University of Missouri-Kansas City. After his intern year at Resurrection Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, Dr. Cohen completed his anesthesia residency at Washington University in St. Louis, Barnes-Jewish Hospital. In Houston, Texas, he worked at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in the Texas Medical Center, as part of the Greater Houston Anesthesiology group. From Houston, Dr. Cohen settled in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where he joined a private practice group at Holy Cross Hospital. In this practice, he led multiple initiatives with a multidisciplinary approach and a focus on patient safety and improved outcomes. His work at the local level allowed him to help develop and lead educational programs on the national level within the parent company.
Dr. Cohen’s passion for the continuous improvement in perioperative medicine and pain control lead him to his current anesthesia position with Miami Anesthesia Services. He accepted the unique opportunity to help start this anesthesia group for a physician owned surgical hospital in Miami, Florida. This venture allowed him to help create a group that embraces every aspect of what quality medicine and anesthesia should be, in a hospital that exemplifies individualized service and safety. His experience and participation in the creation and design of the hospital itself, provided him with a truly holistic and all-access view into the current medical landscape.
Miami Anesthesia Services
3716 NE 208th Terrace
Aventura, FL 33180
Why choose HOSC?
- A state-of-the-art multispecialty ambulatory medical facility
- The most advanced technology and the latest minimally invasive techniques
- High-quality care in a friendly and stress-free setting
- Talented and experienced physicians
- Highly trained and professional staff
- Convenient location at the South East corner of Broward County and within minutes of Gulfstream Park, the Diplomat Resort and Country Club, area hospitals, and the Ft. Lauderdale and Miami International Airports