Dominic Carreira, MD
Dominic S. Carreira, M.D., a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with advanced training from three orthopedic fellowship programs, specializes in foot and ankle, young adult and adolescent hip preservation, and sports medicine.
Following his orthopedic residency training, Dr. Carreira completed a Foot and Ankle Fellowship with Dr. Mark Myerson and Clifford Jeng at the Institute for Foot and Ankle Reconstruction, Baltimore, Maryland. He also completed a Foot and Ankle and Arthroscopic Fellowship in Seattle, Washington, and a Sports Medicine and Hip Arthroscopy Fellowship with the Steadman-Hawkins Clinic in Vail, Colorado.
Dr. Carreira has served as an Assistant Team Physician to both the U.S. Men’s and Women’s Ski Teams, Miami Dolphins, Colorado Rockies, Denver Broncos, Chicago White Sox and Chicago Blaze. He currently serves as an assistant Team Physician for the Miami Marlins.
He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society, American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America, and the International Society for Hip Arthroscopy.
Active in medical research, Dr. Carreira has presented his work on minimally invasive arthroscopic techniques and outcomes both nationally and internationally and has been published in numerous medical publications including Foot and Ankle International and the American Journal of Sports Medicine. He is the President and Founder of the Multicenter Arthroscopy Study of the Hip (MASH) and a Founder of the Multicenter Arthroscopy Study of the Ankle and Foot (MASTAF).
Why choose HOSC?
- A state-of-the-art multispecialty ambulatory medical facility
- The most advanced technology and the latest minimally invasive techniques
- High-quality care in a friendly and stress-free setting
- Talented and experienced physicians
- Highly trained and professional staff
- Convenient location at the South East corner of Broward County and within minutes of Gulfstream Park, the Diplomat Resort and Country Club, area hospitals, and the Ft. Lauderdale and Miami International Airports