When surgery is completed, you will be taken to the recovery room until you feel able to sit up and dress. You will then be able to complete your recovery in our recovery lounge. The length of time you will need to rest before leaving will depend on the nature of your surgery. We prefer to have a family member or friend join you in our post op area when possible. In order to prevent overcrowding we must limit this to one person. Therefore we ask that you not bring children or others who cannot remain unattended in the Reception Area.
Before you leave, please be certain you understand your physician’s instructions. You will be instructed by the nurses about medication, diet, and rest requirements. The day of surgery and perhaps at the time of discharge, you may feel sleepy, tired and dizzy. Our advice is to go home and rest for the remainder of the day. For your own safety, it is important that you do not drive, operate machinery, drink alcohol or make any important decisions for at least 24 hours after leaving our Center.
At home, you should plan to have a responsible adult stay with you the night after surgery. If you experience difficulties or complications once you return home, please contact your surgeon immediately.
After surgery, a member of our facility will phone you to see how are you doing or you may contact us during business hours at (954) 458-1689.
Why choose HOSC?
- A state-of-the-art multispecialty ambulatory medical facility
- The most advanced technology and the latest minimally invasive techniques
- High-quality care in a friendly and stress-free setting
- Talented and experienced physicians
- Highly trained and professional staff
- Convenient location at the South East corner of Broward County and within minutes of Gulfstream Park, the Diplomat Resort and Country Club, area hospitals, and the Ft. Lauderdale and Miami International Airports